Thing I Love #5: Smells.
I smell things. Most things, in fact. If I’m eating something new, guaranteed I’m going to sniff it before I put it in my mouth. I smell people too. And yes, I will judge you based on that smell. The same goes for houses, laundry, cars, pets, new electronics, locker rooms…I always inhale.
The following are my top 10 smells. I defy you to come up with a superior list.
2. Hot asphalt that has been sprayed with a hose. Preferably in the summer, preferably while washing your car and listening to classic rock.*
*It’s my list. I’ll be as specific as I want.
4. Grass; this includes freshly-cut grass as well as wild grass that has been baking under the sun all day.
5. Any baked good containing apples.
7. Men’s deodorant.
9. Books, whether a fresh new paperback or an old, crinkly-paged novel I found at a used book store. They just smell interesting.
10. Sunscreen. So. Damn. Nostalgic.